2.06.2013

in commemoration...

it's exactly one week before lent-season, yall--and i thought i'd share my plans with you.

even though i am not Catholic, i observe the lent-season because it is still a very symbolic time.
for those of you unfamiliar with lent...it is a time when believers fast (food...or any type of conscious luxury) as a form of "penitence".
i fast certain things that i consciously think about, so while i'm not partaking in them i can think about/spend time with the Lord instead.
i participate to strengthen my walk with Christ.

this lent-season, i will be doing a few things in observance...
-only listen to Christian music. this had such a great effect on me last year. a huge impact. i am seriously a believer in it. (if you can do it, i strongly suggest it.)
-read through the purpose driven life in a timely matter. (aka: so it lasts the forty days.) and blog book review at the end of it. (i've had this book since junior high youthgroup and never got through it.)
-read through the Bible in an equally timely matter.
-blog every single day...could be something deep about how God is speaking to me/working through me...could be a lesson learned, epiphany i had, a solid point, an impacting verse, a great quote, or a song lyric. anything that spoke to me that day--that could potentially speak to someone else.
(i will also be doing one more thing that you-my reader may or may not be effected (and affected) by...it is a secret for now, but i will probably re-cap at the very end.)

i'm really excited for it all!! i just love all of these ideas.
:) might sound silly...cause i could technically do this whenever, but the symbolism just gets me.

all of this is to SEEK God.
all of this to make my days less about me.

it is amazing how when you truly do seek God...you find Him.
you see Him.
you hear Him.
you feel His presence, and your will really does become His.
you begin to see life more through His eyes. (as best a human can.)

i have experienced this closeness sporadically throughout my life as a Christ-follower.
there are days, though, when i don't necessarily feel His presence...but i still know that He's there.
-those hard times just make me seek him all the more, resulting in greater closeness.

my 24th birthday is this friday.
there have been moments recently where i have realized that i like getting older, that maturing--is maturing as a Christian.
and i love it.

2 comments:

  1. Don't read the purpose driven life! That guy is phony and has no theology to back him up. I can tell you plenty of books to read instead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha. oh, my.
      -have you read the book, trisha...??

      (i've read a portion of it before, heard a handful of sermons from him, and saved many good quotes he's voiced. i think he has a lot of good things to say.)

      Delete