10.05.2012

these are a few of my favorite thinnngsss...

i'm going to start a new segment. (this blog is fairly new; just bare with me with all the "new segment" stuff.)
first friday of each month, i'll share ten of my favorite things/moments/traditions that occur every year...as well as what i'm looking forward to specifically during the next 22-31 days ahead.

- o c t o b e r -

1. football season. it just has to be #1, yall.
source.
















2. scary movie time. i used to be obsessed with scary movies in high school; i would even watch them by myself. kind of creepy. whenever there was a friday that fell on the 13th, i would insist on some sort of gathering of people to watch a-or multiple-scary movies. (what's your favorite...??)
source.
















3. 13 nights of halloween. i LOVE hocus pocus. i love the addams family. i love beetlejuice. i love the nightmare before Christmas. i love matilda. i love edward scissorhands.
source.


















4. finding a halloween costume. go hard or go home. i'm fond of the themed go at it...whenever if ever i get married (and then have kids), i am all set for all the costume ideas i'll need. haha.
my cousin, lauren, and me back in 2003 as grammas. duh.


































5. pumpkin patches. :) whether it be red barn farm, louisburg cider mill, or gardner's with the pumpkin cannon...i love em. plus, ya can't beat a good hayride when the air is crisp and the sun is warm.
6. and corn mazes. gotta be dark; gotta get lost; gotta be scared.
foster children of the corn.
















7. pumpkin carving. it's tradish in my family.
carvin some pumpkins with fellow midamericans, while i was away at school in 2009.
















8. trick-or-treating. duh. however, since it's unacceptable now...luckily, i still have haystacks (next week's wfdw), candy corn & peanuts, roasted pumpkin seeds, etc.
source.

9. the future. looking forward to becoming old people with my brothers and scaring the crap out of little children on the 31st of october every year.
look out kiddies. (2007.)


















10. and of course...fall means leaves changing. mmm. i'd say i love boot weather, but it's always boot weather for me. ;)
source.
(ps, this is obviously my future home.)























----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this specific month i will be...
-attending mission church's official meetings every tuesday; contact me if you are interested!! i am so super excited about it.
-helping one of my best friends plan her upcoming wedding. :)
-celebrating two of my cousins' birthdaaaysss.
-going to stl to watch my little cousins play some ball.
-celebrating one of my best friend's birthdays.
-hopefully goin to the chiefs--raiders game. hollaaaaa.

No comments:

Post a Comment