11.11.2012

i wanna leave a legacy.

- been somewhat of a roller coaster of a weekend.
these lyrics have SO much meaning to me...for SO many different reasons.
here's to Jesus, my papa, kelsi, and all those who have served our country. i am so-very grateful & at a loss for words in response to the great impact (very different as they may be) each has had on my life.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"i don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me,
and I enjoy an accolade like the rest, 

and you could take my picture and hang it in a gallery of all the who's-who's and so-and-so's that used to be the best at such and such...
it wouldn't matter much.

i won't lie, it feels alright to see your name in lights;
we all need an 'atta boy' or 'atta girl',
but in the end I'd like to hang my hat on more besides the temporary trappings of this world.


i wanna leave a legacy,
how will they remember me...??
did i choose to love...??
did I point to you enough to make a mark on things...??
i wannna leave an offering:
a child of mercy and grace who blessed Your Name unapologetically,
and leave that kind of legacy.

i don't have to look too far or too long awhile to make a lengthy list of all that i enjoy;
it's an accumulating trinket and a treasure pile where moth and rust, thieves and such will soon enough destroy.

not well-traveled, not well-read,
not well-to-do, or well-bred...
just wanna hear instead,
'well done, good and faithful one'.

i wanna leave a legacy,
how will they remember me...??
did i choose to love...??
did I point to you enough to make a mark on things...??
i wanna leave an offering:
a child of mercy and grace who blessed Your Name unapologetically,
and leave that kind of legacy.

i don't mind if you've got something nice to say about me."


- nichole nordeman.

No comments:

Post a Comment