9.28.2012

less is more.

i am THE worst at this phrase.
in all honesty.
-you've probably figured that out from my blog posts. haha.
i write a lot.
i love details.
my stories are excruciatingly long. (because they are so detailed.)
i give a lot of advice. sometimes it's too much. sometimes it's not asked for. (i just feel like, if i sit back and watch somebody make a mistake and/or get hurt, i am somewhat responsible...so if there is a way i could help, i always want to.) (it's very possible i have over-stepped my boundaries on occasion.)
i take way too many photos. which, in turn, overwhelm me to edit. (because i am coincidentally ocd about editing.)
i am too fond of "stuff."
annnd i keep everything; one of my life goals is to try my hardest not to get on the show "Hoarders". (because it could seriously get to that point, yall.)

if you know me very well...and i guess in this case, this statement literally means "very well"...you know i tend to be a bit messy.
-not dirty, just messy.
aka: my room is a whirlwind of clothes.
many factors are involved here, but the two main ones are...i haven't grown since the seventh grade, and i never throw/sell/give anything away. (that's ten years of clothes, people.)
needless to say, i love clothes.
it's the only thing i will spend money on. (besides food. duh.)
today i went shopping-and bought more clothes. ay-ay-ay.
i obviously don't need more, but my style is evolving. (that is my reasoning.)

we had a garage sale about a month ago, and i put SOOO many articles of clothing in it...but from the looks of my room/closet/dresser/armoire, you could never tell.
i need to go through everything again and "de-clutter."
we are wanting to have another day for the sale, putting most everything at half price.
you should come. seriously. do it.

one of my favorite sayings is::
"live simply, expect little, give much, love extravagantly."
- anonymous. (to my knowledge.)

there is obviously room to work on each of those separate ideas, but the part i really want to focus on till the end of 2012 is to live simply. and "de-clutter" my life, in every facet.
hold me to it, yall.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(what's for dinner wednesdays is still comin, folks. i made the cookies, i took the photos, now i have to edit them. haha.)

No comments:

Post a Comment